This series of courses will help you build, develop and hone the essential skills needed to improve your employability and advancement in today’s dynamic workforce. The courses in this Specialization may be taken in any order. Each course can also be taken independently. The Specialization concludes with a Capstone project that will give you the opportunity to integrate and apply the skills you have gained throughout the courses to your individual and organizational needs.
Incentives & Benefits
At completion of the course series, learners will be able to create value for current or potential employers from a variety of industries in both public and private sectors by applying the methods and techniques they have learned in communication, management, problem solving, business writing, time management, finance, entrepreneurship and project management to individual and team work projects.
What You'll Learn
- How to use project management tools and techniques to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close projects
- How to increase personal and professional productivity through time management
- The importance of finance and interpretation of financial information
- Successful management techniques and the five functions of management
- How to choose appropriate problem solving and decision making methods and processes
- How to create a plan of action for any negotiation
- Appropriate business language and how to adopt an effective business writing style to produce error-free and well formatted communications
- No background is required; all are welcome!
- The courses are designed to help seasoned professionals refresh their skills.
- The courses are designed to prepare learners entering the workforce, transitioning to other fields or re-entering the workforce after a hiatus.