Master strategic marketing concepts and tools to address brand communication in a digital world.
This Specialization explores several aspects of the new digital marketing environment, including topics such as digital marketing analytics, search engine optimization, social media marketing, and 3D Printing. When you complete the Digital Marketing Specialization you will have a richer understanding of the foundations of the new digital marketing landscape and acquire a new set of stories, concepts, and tools to help you digitally create, distribute, promote and price products and services. This Specialization is part of the University of Illinois iMBA Program.
INC Magazine rated the first course, Marketing in a Digital World, as one of The 10 Hottest Online Classes for Professionals in 2015. In addition, this course was also ranked in the top five courses across multiple MOOC providers as determined by user ratings on class-central.com. Finally, the Digital Marketing Certificate was the top coveted certificate on Coursera in 2015.
Once you complete the courses, you will have the opportunity to apply the skills on a real life Digital Marketing capstone project setup in partnership with Grainger. They are a global B2B supplier of Maintenance Repair and Organization supplies, ranked No. 13 in the Internet Retailer 2015 Top 500 Guide, based on their annual online sales.
Incentives & Benefits
When you complete the Digital Marketing Specialization you will have an understanding of the continually shifting consumer mindset and how to use varying digital platforms to reach different customer groups. You will understand strategic marketing concepts and the tools required to make informed decisions and set the direction for your company, business unit, department, or product line in a digital ecosystem. Additionally, the Digital Marketing Specialization is an offering of the University of Illinois iMBA - a high-quality and affordable program from the University of Illinois, built on Coursera Specializations. If you decide to apply, your success in Digital Marketing (and other iMBA Specializations on Coursera), will be considered as a factor in admission.
What You'll Learn
- Understand challenges in branding, brand positioning, and strategies to address brand communication in a digital world.
- Delve in detail into the factors that shape consumer behavior and customer responses.
- Understand market-oriented creativity and innovativeness within the firm and learn the success drivers of viable consumer-centric marketing strategies.
- Perform data analysis and visualization techniques to extract useful information for strategic decision making.
- The Digital Marketing Specialization is part of the University of Illinois iMBA! Learn more about this innovative new program at https://www.coursera.org/course/imba and http://onlinemba.illinois.edu/.
- No background is required; all are welcome