In four intensive courses, you will learn what you need to know to begin assembling and leading a data science enterprise, even if you have never worked in data science before. You’ll get a crash course in data science so that you’ll be conversant in the field and understand your role as a leader. You’ll also learn how to recruit, assemble, evaluate, and develop a team with complementary skill sets and roles. You’ll learn the structure of the data science pipeline, the goals of each stage, and how to keep your team on target throughout. Finally, you’ll learn some down-to-earth practical skills that will help you overcome the common challenges that frequently derail data science projects.
Incentives & Benefits
As the data science revolution continues, more and more enterprises are looking to turn the deluge of data into tangible results and advantages for their organization. With no experience in the field, managers and executives need to quickly and efficiently get up to speed on the basics and understand the roles, skill sets, and responsibilities of the whole data science team. The skills you learn in this specialization will prepare you to harness the potential of the data scientists in your organization and deliver world-class analyses to your clients and leaders.
What You'll Learn
- You’ll get a crash course in data science covering the basics of data science, the tools, and the value of data and data-informed decision making.
- You’ll learn how to build a data science team. You’ll learn the different personnel roles in data science pipelines, how to hire and onboard data scientists and how to manage them.
- You’ll learn how to manage a data analysis. This will include how to phrase a question, how to iterate analyses between collection, hypothesis and analysis and how to communicate and present data analyses.
- You’ll learn about data science analyses in real life. What can go right and wrong with data science experiments. This will include A/B testing and randomization, sampling and fundamentals of observational data analysis.
- You’ll round out the specialization with a hands on interactive data analysis experience.