You will be able to:
• Understand what managerial accounting is and why it is an important function for successful businesses
• Identify problems associated with relying on financial accounting information for internal decision making
• Organize cost information according to the decision-making needs of the organization
• Apply activity-based costing (ABC) and recognize circumstances and decisions for which ABC systems are relevant
• Address common "what-if" questions using cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis and apply CVP in a variety of scenarios
This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/.