While you will be introduced to some of the science of what is being taught, the focus will be on applying the methodologies. This will be accomplished through the use of Excel and data sets from different disciplines, allowing you to see the use of statistics in a range of settings. The course will focus not only on explaining these concepts, but also understanding and interpreting the results obtained.
You will be able to:
• Summarize large data sets in graphical, tabular, and numerical forms
• Understand the significance of proper sampling and why one can rely on sample information
• Understand why normal distribution can be used in a wide range of settings
• Use sample information to make inferences about the population with a certain level of confidence about the accuracy of the estimations
• Use Excel for statistical analysis
This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/.