In this course, the context is hosting an event and finding an appropriate venue for it. You will learn language and strategies for successful negotiations culminating in a written announcement for an event.
Course Learning Objectives
• Negotiate strategically in formal and informal settings
• Identify and resolve customer issues after a negotiation has taken place
• Evaluate and compare services and features of two venues
• Plan a business event using negotiation skills
• Write an announcement for a business event after selecting a venue
Week 1: Exchanging Information
-Exchanging information is the first step in negotiating. In this module, we’re going to look at ways to request and give information. We’ll also look at how to make comparisons before making a final decision.
Week 2: Negotiating
-In this week, you will receive an overview of negotiations, learn to make a proposal, and also be able to make a concession during negotiations.
Week 3: Handling Problems
-When plans are in place, there is always a chance of things going wrong. In this module, you will learn about the techniques to handle problems as they arise.
Week 4: Planning and Announcing Events
-Planning events can be a lot of work, but has a huge pay off. You will learn about organizing and announcing events before implementing your plans.
Daphne Mackey and Richard Moore