One of the important challenges in global business is working out the extent of these obligations in the interrelationships between businesses and the particular local cultures in which that business operates. The ethical issues arising from these engagements, the kinds of values-based considerations out of which an organization negotiates with local concerns, and how an organization can be both an enabler of economic value while respecting cultural differences are important topics of this course.
You will be able to:
• Become morally sensitive to ethical dilemmas in global commerce
• Identify ethical issues in global business
• Master stakeholder analysis
• Use a well-reasoned process by which to arrive at ethically defensible decisions
• Differentiate between good and weak ethical arguments and defend conclusions
This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/.