This course is designed to help you create after-school mobile makerspace programs for K-12 students. It provides access to free NASA educational resources, including short, yet targeted PBL (problem-based learning) activities.
As a participant in this course, you’ll learn how to:
- Build an EXTREME Weather Makerspace, SolarSolv Makerspace, and Habitat Makerspace environment using free resources.
- Use a STEAM (science, technology, art, and math) framework to map creative approaches to core content needs.
- Implement 3D printing software programs, computational thinking activities, green screen, and other STEM programs.
- Connect with top scientists, educators, engineers, artists, and community organizers to share best practices for achieving community buy-in.
- Identify funding opportunities and gain insights about how to connect your organization's makerspace to community partners.