This course is different to others. Unlike many Coursera courses which are discipline-specific, this MOOC would be complementary to any additional course of study as it enables you to recognise your own strengths and skills and understand how to best articulate those preferences and achievements to future employers or academic institutions in the future.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the drivers behind your career preferences and choices
- Identify the skills which you can offer and know your current skills gaps
- Recognise opportunities for your career enhancement both within and beyond your current employer
- Summarise your achievements and skills in appropriate formats for future employers or academic institutions
- Perform effectively in a face-to-face encounter such as an interview or during a presentation
- Extend and make most effective use of your professional network both on and off line
Whichever stage you are at in your career development, you will learn more about yourself and how to manage your career in the future by joining us on this course!