Cryptography is the practice and study of techniques for securing communications in the presence of third parties. You will learn how to protect information in order to ensure its integrity, confidentiality, authenticity, and non-repudiation.
You will come out with a basic understanding of cryptographic concepts and how to apply them, implement secure protocols, key management concepts, key administration and validation, and Public Key Infrastructure.
1. Apply the fundamental concepts of cryptography
2. Describe the difference between symmetric and asymmetric cryptography
3. Define the basic requirements for cryptography
4. Identify processes to support secure protocols
5. Describe the process for implementing cryptographic systems
6. Define key management concepts
7. Define Public Key Infrastructure
8. Identify processes for key administration and validation
9. Describe the implementation of secure protocols