Sign up to Coursera courses for free
This course is designed to provide you with an understanding of the role of data and technology in human capital management. Every topic in the course will be covered in the most practical way so that learners get hands-on experience. In the course we use the 4Ts principle: Task, Theory, Technique and Technology so that there is always a connection to organizational performance objectives, an overview of underlying theories and principles, and specific tools which help achieve business objectives.
You will learn
● what combination of data, technologies, and tools can be used in people management processes to improve organization’s performance
● how to use some of these tools and how to select the ones that suit your objectives and budget
● to design individual and team development plans and measure its ROI for the organization
● how to figure out the qualities that lead employees to their best performance so you know what to encourage in current and look for in new employees
● how to identify the right channels to recruit your employees or team members
● what combination of monetary and non-monetary motivation tools work best for your organization
● how to predict what people will leave in the near future and how to make sure some of them stay
● how to measure engagement and make a strong organizational culture improve performance
-As the name suggests, this module will introduce the course and its content, as well as give an overview of what triggered the explosion of People Analytics.
-In this module, we talk about measuring performance, setting KPIs, organizing performance evaluation and touch upon the issue of biases. In your first peer-reviewed assignment you will get to apply your knowledge as a manager of a sports club. You can get in the right mood by watching (or rewatching) Moneyball.
Culture and Assessments
-Culture is a very elusive topic, but it is still measurable and it affects performance a lot. In this module we discuss its various aspects, why it affects performance, and what are the "enemies" of performance-enhancing organizational cultures
-In this module we will talk about various compensation models and you will learn how to do compensation benchmarking. In your second peer-reviewed assignment you will apply the new knowledge to conduct your own benchmarking project.
Motivation and Engagement
-After discussing how monetary motivation works, we continue with non-monetary motivation and engagement and how they affect performance.
Workforce Planning and Recruitment
-In this module, you will learn about recruitment analytics, assessing candidates, optimizing recruitment channels, etc. Your third peer-reviewed assignment will be baaed on a real-life dataset of a startup which took analytical approach to candidate marketing.
-The final module is dedicated to training and development planning and calculating its ROI. We hope you will enjoy the final peer-reviewed assignment, where you will be required to calculate the ROI of this class for you.
Ilya Breyman and Alexey Dolinskiy