Sign up to Coursera courses for free
This is part 2 of the specialization. In this course students will learn :
* How to staff, plan and execute a project
* How to build a bill of materials for a product
* How to calibrate sensors and validate sensor measurements
* How hard drives and solid state drives operate
* How basic file systems operate, and types of file systems used to store big data
* How machine learning algorithms work - a basic introduction
* Why we want to study big data and how to prepare data for machine learning algorithms
Project Planning and Staffing
In this module I share with you my experience in product planning, staffing and execution. You will perform a product tear down and build a bill of materials (BOM) for that product.
Sensors and File Systems
In this module you will learn about sensors, and in this case, a temperature sensor. You will learn how to calibrate and then validate that a temperature sensor is producing accurate results. We will study how data is stored on hard drives and solid state drives. We will take a brief look at file systems used to store large data sets.
In this module we look at machine learning, what it is and how it works. We take a look at a couple supervised learning algorithms and 1 unsupervised learning algorithm. No coding is required of you. Instead I provide working source code to you so you can play around with these algorithms. I wrap up by providing some examples of how ML can be used in the IIoT space.
Big Data Analytics
In this module you will learn about big data and why we want to study it. You will learn about issues that can arise with a data set and the importance of properly preparing data prior to a ML exercise.