Sign up to Coursera courses for free
The course focuses on:
• the formation of an adequate representation about the diversity of contemporary Psychodiagnostics and Assessment methods;
• deep learning of the current world ethical standards of psychological diagnostics and assessment activity;
• technology of test reliability determination that obtained by different Psychodiagnostics methods;
• studying of classical and contemporary intellect diagnostic approaches, Psychodiagnostics of personality characteristics, talent potential and achievements potential of the person.
The course will make it easy:
1. To master the technology of getting “informed consent” with a client about Psychodiagnostics and assessment procedure.
2. To assess the compliance of the proposed Psychodiagnostics programs with the final testing objectives.
3. To understand the variety of ways to assess different characteristics of a person.
4. To understand the possibilities of Psychodiagnostics of this or that characteristic of a person with use of various diagnostic techniques.
5. To be able to determine the level of reliability of the received diagnostic data.
The course consists of 5 modules. Every module’s broken into 4-6 topics with some tasks and additional literature.
Welcome to the Course
Psychodiagnostics as a Science
In the first module we will talk about what Psychodiagnostics is as a science: how it was created, when the accumulated by mankind ordinary knowledge was transformed into a scientific discipline; what a significant Psychodiagnostic procedure is; which results it allows you to get and how they can be used.
General Psychodiagnostics and Psychometriсs
This module content forms the basis of the professional competence of the practical psychologist. We will talk about tests reliability and validity. I hope that at the end of this module, you will understand that the psychodiagnostics is not only the traditional test with questions like "Are you afraid of the dark?" and two variants of answers "yes" and "no", but something else.
Psychodiagnostics of Intelligence
In the third theme, we consider in detail the five classical approaches to the diagnostics of intelligence. And I also want to remark that Psychodiagnostics as a science and as a practice has begun with Psychodiagnostics of cognitive abilities.
Traditional Psychodiagnostics of Personality
Now we will take a header ourselves in a classic 20th century Psychodiagnostics. Each month, in the scientific literature there are appearing new tests and methods of psychodiagnostics and assessment. However, if we look at the top 10 of the most popular tests, we face with the good old “friends”, which are used in the practice of psychology for decades.
Integrative Approach in Psychodiagnostics
The fifth theme is devoted to integrative approaches in Psychodiagnostics and Assessment of the 21st century, which involves a continuity of intelligence and a person.
Валерия Николаевна Петрова