In this course, you’ll gain core, critical business skills needed for success in any organization through analyzing various types of data and communicating the results of their analyses to diverse stakeholders.
Business analytics, which combines data analysis with industry knowledge to solve business problems and discover insights, is integrated throughout the course to ensure you’re able to support stakeholders at all levels of an organization. This course also involves formulating appropriate research questions and developing compelling narratives with visualizations in order to support leaders to make better decisions and companies to gain a competitive advantage.
After taking this course, you’ll be able to use information from industry and scholarly sources to inform problem-solving and decision-making by:
- Identifying different methodologies for solving a business problem
- Applying industry standards to inform decision-making
- Utilizing industry frameworks to identify and solve emerging problems
You’ll also be adept at interpreting qualitative and quantitative data to answer business questions by:
- Creating data visualization to support informed decision-making
- Testing hypotheses to find the best method of addressing complex business questions
This course will also help you to develop the skill sets needed in order to communicate effectively with diverse internal and external audiences by understanding communication strategies, best practices and the impact of inclusive language in business settings.