The course will help students identify when assimilation vs. exclusionary reactions are more likely to occur and to devise strategies for imbuing brands with cultural meanings that can elevate them to the status of cultural icons.
You will be able to:
• Understand how globalization impacts the psychological responses of consumers in global markets
• Explain what culture is and how it manifests itself in business environments
• Understand how brands acquire cultural meanings and predict consumers’ responses to the cultural meanings in brands
• Identify strategies to win-over multi-cultural consumers in globalized markets
• Practice the fundamentals of how to build an iconic brand
This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/.