Are you planning to have a career in cybersecurity?
This course can help you plan your preparation for such a career as well as give some advice on finding positions and landing a position.
After completing this course, a learner will be able to:
• Define the cybersecurity field and describe its variations.
• Describe the need for qualified cybersecurity professionals in U.S. and global organizations.
• Discuss the cybersecurity professional’s role in an organization’s cybersecurity effort.
• Describe the NIST NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework and the use as a cybersecurity career development tool.
• Explain the structure, location, and responsibilities of the cybersecurity department in a traditional versus non-traditional organization.
• List and explain the knowledge preparation for the cybersecurity professional from an education versus training perspective.
• List and describe the various cybersecurity certifications available to cybersecurity professionals and differentiate their suitability based on the professional’s career status.
• Describe the process and resources for finding the perfect cybersecurity job.
• Discuss the expectations and issues associated with the long-term cybersecurity career.
Welcome to Cybersecurity Job Search: Getting Started
This module is a brief introduction to the course.
An Introduction to Careers in Cybersecurity (Module 1)
Learning Objectives for Introduction to Cybersecurity Module