Want to study for an MBA but unsure of your basic accounting skills? Paving the way for MBA study, this course will teach you the foundational accounting skills needed to achieve success on an MBA program and in business generally.
You will be introduced to the principles of accounting and learn about the basic financial statements, including the income statement, the balance sheet and the cash flow statement. You will learn how to read and interpret this information in order to make informed business decisions.
This course assumes no prior knowledge of accounting. Concepts are explained clearly and regular activities offer you the opportunity to practice your skills and improve your confidence.
Joerg Riebel completed this course, spending 5 hours a week on it and found the course difficulty to be medium.
The course is cramming managerial and financial accounting with the goal to prepare for an accounting MBA class. Explanations are minimal and I think you require outside materials (e.g. accounting textbook) to complete all practice tests.
- color coded questionnaire to gage your starting level und prior knowledge
- high quality video (e.g. alumni's speaking about real life application of accounting)
- enthusiastic host
- relatively short and doesn't require to much time commitment
- very basic/minimal explanations
- no resource material (e.g. textbook, etc.)
- no supplemental or additional material to deepen understanding/reinforce learning (videos, lectures, etc.)