In this course, part of the AWS Developer Series, you will learn how to use DevOps methodologies and tools. You will build and test your application using AWS Cloud9, and deploy to your cloud-based infrastructure with AWS Elastic Beanstalk. You will create a continuous integration/continous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline using AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeCommit, and AWS CodePipeline.
You will monitor your application and deployment using Amazon Cloudwatch, and create dashboards using Amazon Elasticsearch and Kibana to gather and catalog performance metrics.
This course has a significant hands-on component. Throughout the class, you will perform exercises using the AWS services covered.
Class discussions provide an opportunity for you to interact with fellow students as well as AWS training staff.
Week 1Welcome to Deploying on AWS
Introduction to Deploying on AWS
- Meet the instructors
- Discussion: Introduce yourself
AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- What are we building this course? Project Introduction
- Exercise 1.1: Setup a local AWS Cloud9 environment
- Introduction and demonstration
- Exercise 1.2: Local deployment with AWS Elastic Beanstalk
Weekly DiscussionWeek 2AWS CodeCommit
- Exercise 2.1: AWS CodeCommit
- Exercise: 2.2 AWS CodeBuild
- Exercise 2.3 – AWS CodePipeline
Weekly DiscussionWeek 3AWS CloudFormation
- Exercise 3.1 CloudFormation - Create an RDS and a VPC
- Exercise 3.2 CloudFormation
- Exercise 3.3 - Code Deploy
- Acceptance Testing
- Exercise 3.4 Acceptance Testing
Weekly DiscussionWeek 4
AWS Systems ManagerAdvancing CodeDeploy
- Appspec File & Rolling Deployments
- Exercise 4.1- Integrating AWS CodeDeploy and AWS CodePipeline
Weekly DiscussionWeek 5
- Monitoring the Pipeline
- Exercise 5.1 - Notifications on Build Status
Amazon Elasticsearch Service & Kibana
- Exercise 5.2 Stream nginx logs into CloudWatch Logs
- Exercise 5.3 Integrate CloudWatch logs with Amazon Elasticsearch Service and Kibana
Weekly DiscussionWeek 6Seeing a change through the pipeline
- Adding a feature to our application
- Exercise 6.1: Japanese language check-in and build.
Course Wrap up
Couse Wrap up and Preview of Next course
End of Course Assessment