Discover practical ways to critically appraise scientific literature, including the conduction and interpretation of systematic reviews and meta-analyses. Additionally, you will learn how to conduct literature searches using online academic databases, hear about economic evaluations, and understand how clinical practice guidelines are used to guide decision making.
This course includes the following 11 lectures:
- Overview of Systematic Reviews
- Finding and Managing the Evidence from the Biomedical Literature
- Intervention Reviews Methodology
- Meta-Analysis of Clinical Trials: Direct Comparisons
- Introduction to Meta-Analysis: Indirect Comparisons
- Meta-Analysis of Non-Randomized Studies
- Diagnostic Test Evaluation
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Economic Evaluation
- Decision Analysis for Outcomes Research
This course is intended for anyone interested in comparative effectiveness research (CER) and patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) methods.
This course is supported by grant number R25HS023214 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.