What kind of leader are you? Are you equipped to transform your learning organisation into the place you know it can be? In this course, we investigate leadership styles, best practices and philosophies that challenge you to develop your leadership capacity.
You will be guided in evaluating your leadership strengths and opportunities for growth, and will develop a personal leadership philosophy and vision. Strategic management theory and practice will be introduced and examined in the school context.
This course is aimed at school teachers in leadership roles who are looking to advance their career as a:
- head teacher
- assistant or deputy principal
- organisational leader
- or in educational policy or advisory roles.
This course is registered withthe New South Wales Educational Standards Authority (NESA) (Australia). Completing EDLMx1 Developing Your Educational Leadership and Management Vision will contribute 12 hoursof NESA Registered PD addressing 6.4.4 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Lead Teacher Accreditation in NSW ( Pending ).
Week 1:Understanding leadership
- Leadership styles and frameworks
- Evaluatingleadership strengths and opportunities
Week 2:What works in school leadership
- Defining an effective educational leader
- Strategic management theory and practice
Week 3: Future trends in leadership
- Current research in leadership
- Growing your leadership capacity
Week 4: ‘Bringing the Good Weather’
- ‘Bringing the Good Weather’ framework for leadership
- Developing apersonal leadership philosophy and vision
Professor John Fischetti and Dr Scott Imig