The Introduction to Biomedical Imaging course incorporates a case study which is introduced at the start of each episode. This case study will follow a hypothetical patient required to undergo various imaging modalities for a medical condition.
For each episode we include information relevant to that modality and the basic scientific principles, hardware and technology, and clinical applications.
- In episode 1, we'll consider x-rays.
- In episode 2, we'll explore computerised tomography (CT).
- In episode 3, you'll learn about ultrasound (U/S).
- In episode 4, we'll discuss magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- In episode 5, you'll learn about PET and SPECT.
Each episode will include several short quizzes which will not contribute to your final grade and will help you understand the key points.
To complete the course, the assessment is a marked quiz for each episode that will contribute to your final grade, plus a final assessment called Assessment Scenarios at the end of the course. Assessment Scenarios involve reviewing 2 case studies/scenarios and answering questions related to imaging modalities of relevance.