This course is completely lab-based. There are no lectures or required reading sections. All of the learning content that you will need is embedded directly into the labs, right where and when you need it. Introductions to tools and technologies, references to additional content, video demonstrations, and code explanations are all built into the labs.
Some assessment questions will be presented during the labs. These questions will help you to prepare for the final assessment.
The course includes four modules, each of which contains two or more lab activities. The lab outline is provided below.
Module 1: Introduction to Embedded Device Programming
- Lab 1: Preparing Your Development Environment
- Lab 2 Developing Your First Embedded Device Application
Module 2: Data and Device Inputs
- Lab 1: Building a Binary Counter
- Lab 2: Getting Started with the MXChip Device
Module 3: Circuit Components and Sensor Hardware
- Lab 1: Building Simple Circuits
- Lab 2: Using Sensors
- Lab 3: Building a Temperature Gauge
Module 4: Real-World Solutions
- Lab 1: Building a Photo Cell Device
- Lab 2: Comparing Digital and Analog Inputs