Benvenute e Benvenuti!
With Italian Language and Culture: Intermediate you will enhance your Italian language skills, enrich your vocabulary and expand your conversational skills. You will learn how to have exchanges on a variety of topics, and continue your immersion in the Italian culture through unique videos and interviews.
The course will stay open from February 22, 2021 until December 31, 2022 : this means that you can cover the material at your own speed within this time frame.
Although we estimate that, studying 3-4 hours per week, it will take you about 8 weeks to complete the course, you are under no obligation to finish within this time.
You may decide to study towards a Verified Certificate of Completion ($49), or to learn for your personal enrichment and pleasure.
To receive a Verified Certificate of Completion you must obtain a final score of 60% on Tests. You may drop 2 Tests.
The course consists of four Units. Each Unit is broken down in 6-7 lessons (5.1, 5.2, 5.3, etc.).
Each lesson presents its content in multiple ways. These can be viewed and studied in any order you prefer.
Below is a quick overview of the various components of each unit.
- Ciak! videos : original videos shot on our campus with native and near native speakers of Italian. Each Ciak! video is followed by two downloadable Podcasts. These will be ideal for your on-the-go practice.
- Grammar charts : grammar explanations, examples, and charts are available for review with audio files of each example and verb conjugation within the course, and can be downloaded in PDF file format.
- Slide Shows with animation : grammar explanations with images and animation.
- Videos (Slide Shows with Narration) : narrated grammar explanations.
- Esercizi : online exercises with immediate feedback.
- Vocaboli nuovi : new vocabulary lists are available as PDF files, slide show presentations, and videos with narration.
- Discussione : creative writing prompts.
- Lettura : readings delivered as PDF files, slide show presentations, and videos with narration.
- Intervista : interview with a native speaker on a variety of cultural subjects.