In this course you will learn how to build AR apps with Xcode and look at the different ways to integrate web content into your iOS apps.
Lesson 1: User interaction and how to save data
- Write and access files within Apps;
- Serialize a data model for saving and loading data from and into Apps;
- Customise tables for adding, deleting and customising actions;
- Create custom row actions.
Lesson 2: User input and system controls in Apps
- Displaying alerts, sharing content and sending messages from within Apps;
- Access to the camera and photo library on the device;
- Build custom forms for creating new object models;
- Get complex user input through forms, data collection and dynamic table views.
Lesson 3: Construct an AR App
- Learn how to use the AR app template;
- Investigate AR components and compare their differences with existing components;
- Build AR scenes in 3D space using objects;
- Determine planes and how objects interact with them.
Lesson 4: Interact with an AR App
- Add physics to an AR scene;
- Translation of user input within the scene;
- Introduction to AR Image Recognition.
Lesson 5: Closures and Animation
- Define and use closures;
- Use defined functions: sort, filter, reduce and map;
- Utilise animation for a greater user experience;
- Use UIKit to create animations.
Lesson 6: Communicate with the Web
- Describe requests and responses, and discover how are they built, used and analysed;
- Communicate with API’s for existing data sources;
- Use URL components to dynamically query an API endpoint.
Lesson 7: An Introduction to JSON
- Decode JSON and convert into Swift types;
- Integrate with requests and responses from API’s.
Lesson 8: Concurrency
- Why do we care about concurrency?
- Issues with multi-threading and the UI;
- How to complete tasks asynchronously.
Tristan W. Reed and Dr David A. McMeekin