This course provides an introduction to approaches and methods used to evaluate and enhance your teaching, and your students’ learning. The key question we answer is “How do you know you are doing a good job?”. In this course we will help you to improve your practice and the student learning experience to make learning and teaching in higher education more effective.
Explore a model to help you with the enhancement and evaluation process
In the course we will present a systematic approach to enhancing learning through evaluating your teaching using a model that guides you through a number of questions including:
- What is the purpose of evaluation?
- How can you evaluate your teaching, educational materials or courses?
- What is the context of the evaluation?
- Who are the stakeholders affected by the evaluation process?
- What evaluation tools are already be available to you?
- How can you design your own evaluation tools?
- How can you best reflect on the whole evaluation process to enhance your teaching and your students’ learning?
Reflect on your own teaching
Through the course we will encourage you to reflect on your practice, carry out a mini self-evaluation and share your findings to demonstrate the variety of methods and tools that can be used to evaluate practice.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe ways to evidence quality in learning and teaching
- Compare different approaches to evaluation
- Evaluate forms of feedback for enhancing educational practice
- Demonstrate the application of an evaluation process in your practice
This course is suitable for teachers, educational designers and those supporting teaching and learning within higher education.