You will be able to:
• Explain how different market structures result in different resource allocations
• Model the impact of external shocks to a particular market structure and demonstrate the new equilibrium price and quantity after the impact of this external shock has played out
• Evaluate the efficiency of an equilibrium
• Explain when and why the government might intervene with regulatory authority or antitrust litigation to lessen inefficiencies in some markets
• Describe how information problems can cause inefficient outcomes
• Understand externalities and consider optimal government response to these market failures
This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/.