In this self-paced course, you will learn about Big Data and basic architecture, value, and potential use cases. The course introduces you to specifics of some key technologies, including Apache Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Apache Hive, and Apache Pig. Although the course focuses on industry-standard Big Data solutions, you will learn about the AWS Big Data ecosystem, a set of services and solutions provided by AWS to build and enhance Big Data solutions.
This course is a prerequisite to the classroom training, Big Data on AWS.
This course is intended for:
- Enterprise solutions architects
- Big Data solutions architects
- Data scientists
- Data analysts
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Evaluate the criteria for a Big Data solution
- Understand the components of a Big Data solution
- Compare the benefits and drawbacks of relational databases, NoSQL databases, and data warehousing solutions
- Characterize potential use cases for the AWS big data ecosystem
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Big Data on AWS
- Working knowledge of database architectures
- Experience with enterprise IT