The course provides an introduction to the scientific character of historical studies. As guidelines of access to history serve basic categories that capture and describe human action and thinking in space and time. Are taught traditional period divisions as well as the methodological diversity of the subject. The discussion of epochal breaks into a critical approach with a historical images. The course focuses on European history, being an example of the German story moves into the modern era in the foreground.
What will I learn in this course?
- Difference between history and historiography
- Central categories as historical research Arrivals
- Guidelines of the historical continuum and epochal breakthroughs
- Introduction to the width of the historical subject area, in sub-disciplines and methods of the subject
- General knowledge of historical processes from Antiquity to the Present
- Self-employed, methodically reflected and critical use of primary sources and research opinions
What knowledge do I need?
Past experience or propaedeutic foundations are not required. The course is aimed at students of history and to all who are considering a degree in history. In addition, he is also directed to a broader audience interested in history. Content and use of instruments for research are explained step by step. Central sources will be presented in German translations. Indispensable: interest in history as a science.