- What you should know before watching this course
1. The Importance of International Marketing
- The growing global economy
- The impact of protectionism on international marketing
- The rise of the global consumer
- The shifting global marketplace
2. Strategic Considerations for Your Company
- The importance of your company's culture and values
- Thinking of foreign markets like portfolio options
- Learning about customers in foreign markets
- Options for global expansion
3. Assessing Markets Outside Your Home Country
- The PESTCL framework: P is for "political"
- E is for "economic"
- S is for "social"
- T is for "technological"
- C is for "competitive"
- L is for "legal'
4. Market-Development and Product-Development Decisions
- Product adaptation and development
- Market development
5. Options for Global Expansion
- Balancing risk and expense vs. control and reward
- Licensing or franchising
- Joint ventures
- Direct investment
- Timing considerations . . . do you need to be first?
6. Resources to Help Gather Information and Make Decisions
- US Government departments and divisions
- World Bank and CIA.gov websites
- Industry trade groups
- Rating systems to help with decision making
7. Marketing-Mix Considerations
- The 4Ps of marketing
- Product modifications . . . don't forget the packaging
- Pricing considerations . . . the impact of currency fluctuations
- Distribution issues
- Promotional methods
- Translation and back translation