1. Avoiding People Problems
- Managing stakeholders who have conflicting requirements
- Engaging team members throughout the process
2. Avoiding Quality Problems
- Ensuring customer expectations are met
- Defining quality
3. Avoiding Cost Problems
- Making sure that nothing gets forgotten
- Generating realistic estimates
- Controlling scope creep
- Discovering hidden overspends
4. Avoiding Lateness Problems
- Missing the real critical path
- Avoiding and minimizing the effects of mistakes
- Losing resources to other projects
- Monitoring and adjusting the schedule
- Performing actions in sequence
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I estimate tasks?
- When should I tell the customer that the project is running late?
- How often should I have progress meetings?