- What is mold design?
- What you should know
1. What Is Mold Making and Casting?
- Definition of terms
- Design methodology
- Overview of applications possible
2. Everyday Casting: Materials
- Everyday casting—you've already done it
3. Design Considerations for Molding
- Types of molds
- Prototype molding components
- What to avoid?
- Designing a mold project
- Molding possibilities
4. The Casting Process
- Types of casting
- Safety gear
- Mold and box setup
- End-to-end casting process
- Casting possibilities
5. What Prototyping Processes Tell You about Full-Scale Manufacturing
- Parting lines and flash
- Material in, material out
- Mold complexity, pulls, and placement
- Fluid flow
- Complex molding
6. 3D Printing and CNC for Molding and Casting
- Why cast instead of 3D printing?
- What is CNC and what can you do with it?
- Picking your fabrication method
7. Other Applications and Processes
- Blow molding and roto molding
- CNC forms for vacuum forming
- Press molding
- Production at any scale