Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
● Discuss the contributions and involvement of civil rights activists and leaders in the Civil Rights Movement (CRM) campaigns in the United States.
● Examine the chronology and phases of the Movement and CRM campaigns.
● Recognize and characterize the diverse activist groups involved in the CRM.
● Discuss Martin Luther King Jr.’s philosophy of nonviolence from a historical perspective.
● List and define the principles and strategies of nonviolence.
● Examine organizational and social change applications related to nonviolence.
● Identify the role of nonviolence in modern activism along with additional resources to broaden knowledge of principles of nonviolence.
● Recognize the application of nonviolence theories to activism, current issues, and everyday life.