You will be shown how to set your goals and how to achieve those goals using an established, working savings plan.
You will then learn the basic skills to get you started on building your wealth and then you will be shown the common mistakes people make with managing their money.
What will I learn?
- The difference between lifestyle goals and financial goals
- How the two are interconnected
- How to construct a savings plan using your income and your expenses
- How to use that savings plan to achieve your financial goals
- The basics steps to starting to invest
- The 10% rule
- The difference between savings and investments
- The basic risks involved with debt
- How compound interest works
- You will be introduced to three forms of investment or asset classes
- How to identify and avoid financial scams
- How to avoid some of the common mistakes people make with their finances
This course requires approximately 2 - 4 hours of study per week, but can vary depending on the student. This includes watching videos, and taking quizzes and assessments.
If you pass this course you'll receive a Certificate of Achievement. While this certificate isn't a formal qualification or credit, you can use it to demonstrate your interest in learning about this area to potential employers or educational institutions.
Where could this lead me?
If you're wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers you could head towards.
- Business journalist
- Financial analyst
- Financial planner
- Investment analyst
- Management consultant
- Financial advisor
- Fund manager
- Risk manager
- Treasury analyst