Understand the role of a financial adviser when it comes to their clients' financial futures, and assist them with preparing for risks such as sickness or accidents. This course will introduce you to the career of a financial adviser, including the client and adviser relationship, the financial planning process and investment fundamentals, and could spur you onto further study in this field.
Disclaimer: This course is not for the providing of financial advice and is offered for educational purposes only.What will I learn?
- What is involved in working as a financial adviser, including:
- Important personal attributes of a professional financial adviser
- The key elements of the relationship between a financial adviser and client, including:
- How to build rapport with clients
- Effective communication skills
- Record keeping and confidentiality
- A six-step financial planning process, including:
- Collecting client data
- Carrying out research and analysis
- Creating a financial plan
- Implementing and reviewing the plan
- The principles of investment, including:
- Investment risk
- Making investment decisions
This course requires approximately 2 - 4 hours of study per week, but can vary depending on the student. This includes watching videos, and taking quizzes and assessments.
If you pass this course you'll receive a Certificate of Achievement. While this certificate isn't a formal qualification or credit, you can use it to demonstrate your interest in learning about this area to potential employers or educational institutions.Where could this lead me?
If you're wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers you could head towards.
- Finance dealer and Broker
- Finance manager
- Financial planner
- Investment adviser/analyst
- Finance director
- Financial project manager
- Funds manager
- Investment manager
- Risk manager
- Insurance agent