Whether you're interested in running a multinational company, a domestic manufacturing plant, a coffee shop, or even working for yourself, management is a key function in the business world.
In Management for a Competitive Edge, you'll learn about what makes a good manager, how to perform in different organisational environments and cultures, management tools and strategies you can use in your life and career, and the principles of leadership, teamwork, and communication. You'll also build the knowledge you need to study more specialised areas of management.
What will I learn?
- The origin and history of management
- What defines successful management today
- The theoretical and practical application of strategic management tools
- The importance of planning and goal setting
- How to develop sustainable competitive advantages
- The process to develop a group
- The importance of motivation and constructive communication
- What defines a successful leader and different leadership styles
This course requires approximately 2 - 4 hours of study per week, but can vary depending on the student. This includes watching videos, and taking quizzes and assessments.
If you pass this course you'll receive a Certificate of Achievement. While this certificate isn't a formal qualification or credit, you can use it to demonstrate your interest in learning about this area to potential employers or educational institutions.
Where could this lead me?
If you're wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers you could head towards.
- Organisational manager
- Marketing manager
- Finance manager
- Chief executive
- Corporate service manager
- Development manager
- Senior manager
- Executive assistant
- Office administration assistant
- Office administrator