Through discussions and visual demonstrations, you will learn how art has been expressed through history, the basics of colour theory, and how to draw and paint flat images and perspectives. Further, you will be able to understand the principles and styles of assimilating visual compositions. You will produce paintings and collages influenced by famous school of arts and painters such as Pointillism, Cubism, De Stijl, Surrealism, and Constructivism. This course is open to everyone who wants to try. It will provoke your sense of creativity and allow you to express yourself in a way that fits within your skill level.
What will I learn?
Where could this lead me?
- Art expression through the ages
- Colour theory and mixing
- Basic perspectives and illusion
- Grouping, proximity and closure
- Rule of thirds and framing
- How to create an illusion through shapes and collages
- Visual balances
- How to effectively achieve contrast, harmony, dominance, and unity
- Different styles of art and how to construct them
If you're wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers you could head towards.
- Art and Design
- Interior Designer
- Product Designer
- Visual Communications
MODULE 1: BASIC COLOURING
MODULE 2: CREATING BACKGROUNDS
MODULE 3: CREATING FOREGROUNDS
MODULE 4: PAINTING IN STY