The Five Assignments:
1) Use the Nature of Suffering Evaluation Form to guide your conversation with someone living with serious illness and report and reflect on how this illness is impacting different aspects of their lives.
2) Using SNAP/Self-Awareness skills explore the values of someone close to you and your own values as relate to health, illness and dying.
3) Using the WILDA tool complete a pain assessment with someone living with serious illness.
4) Using the ESAS tool complete a physical symptom assessment with someone living with serious illness.
5) Have a conversation with someone you know about Advance Care Planning. In the assignment you will focus on who would be the person that they would want to speak for them if they could not speak for themselves, often known as the MDPOA.
When you successfully complete all 5 of these assignments and the other course work you will earn the Coursera Specialization Certificate in Palliative Care. More importantly you will be prepared to help others live well with serious and life-limiting disease.