Various cases are analyzed in this course to demonstrate how the Russian culture’s values appear to be misunderstood by Western Europeans due to the incorrect choice of the language items and expressions.
Here are the issues we are going to discuss:
• Why should we study the cultural context and take it into account?
• Which cultural aspects have the greatest effect on communication?
• What do we have to know about business communication in Russian organizations?
• How do fundamental values of the Russian culture shape a present-day Russian’s consciousness?
• What distinctive communication features do modern Russians have?
Not only is this course suitable for ICC students and specialists, but also for those interested in the subject and willing to learn more about ICC theories and concepts. It is also designed to organize more efficient remote working and distance learning activities.