There’s something magical about the delicate beauty of flowers, but often their intricate detail can be intimidating to draw. In this class I’ll show you how to tackle complex floral elements and breakdown botanical components into easy shapes you can follow along to.
Join me in this two-part class packed full of tips and advice. We’ll start with sketching the basics, then move onto more complex flowers where I’ll show you various ways to approach tricky elements and angles.
Then we’ll hop over to Adobe Illustrator and have fun vectorizing our drawings, create some lovely bouquets and finally use them in various design projects.
In This Class You’ll Learn How To:
- Find basic shapes in complex elements
- Tackle weird angles when drawing from reference
- Approach intricate floral centres
- Vectorise your sketches
- Create lovely arrangements in Adobe Illustrator
- Work neatly in layers - a habit that’ll serve you well for years to come!
- Repurpose your drawings in fun design projects
Additional Resources You'll Receive:
- A free botanical sketching brush for Procreate
- An Adobe Illustrator colour swatch file of the palette I use in class
I view every student project and will gladly offer feedback should you request it. And of course I’m always happy to answer any questions you might have during class.