Why spend hours learning all Git and Github? Learn the parts professional developers use and get on with your coding.
This course simply teaches what you *really* need to know about Git. After working professionally with Git for more than 5 years with large and distributed teams, I will show you, step by step and cutting out all the fat, what Git is, what’s the use case behind each feature and how you can use it effectively like most professional web developers use it.
The course starts assuming you know nothing about Git and step by step explains the theory and introduces each command, progressing in a smooth, logical flow.
Additionally, you will be able to purchase a complete book of the whole course, so that you have an easy reference to all the knowledge.
The course has more than 2 hours of video tutorials and you can also purchase a book that covers all of the video content, so that you can refer any information in a printed format.
If you search on the web, you’ll find hundreds of courses, videos and other resources about Git, but it’s work that’s incredibly tedious and leaves more questions than answers. You can also buy a “Pro Git” book and try to learn all of Git as if it was your end goal. The truth is Git is only a very basic utility tool that you shouldn’t be thinking about. You should spend your valuable time learning more productive things, like computer languages. With this course you’ll get that level of comfort, knowing you will be using Git without thinking about it.
The course is divided in 8 sections:
- Installing Git
- Git Fundamentals
- Starting with Git
- Git Tools
- Git Branches and Tags
- Remote Repositories
- Git Workflows
Also, at the end of the course, we have a collaborative project that uses all the knowledge from the course and leverages Github as a community platform.
Additionally we’re constantly updating the course constantly, adding lessons thanks to the feedback of our students.
So stop feeling like Git is something complicated. You need this tool to become a successful, professional developer. Git is not hard.
Enroll now and learn the essential Git and move on the important stuff... like coding.
Who is the target audience?
- Software developers who want to learn Git from scratch
What Will I Learn?
- You will be able to start a Git repository from an existing project or clone a project hosted on the Internet.
- You will become knowledgeable with the Github portal and how to use it professionally.
- You will obtain a fundamental understanding of how to manage remote repositories.
- You will learn the theory of and why branches are important.
- You will participate in a Git collaborative project with other developers.
- A computer with internet access and administrative access to install packages
- A basic understanding of how to use the internet and text editors