A good illustration is an amazing thing.
It can illuminate an idea, simplify a complexity and give us the feels all at once. But what makes a good illustration work? Design thinking!
In this class, you'll learn to define your creative goals, develop your symbolism and evoke stronger feelings in your drawings using a few simple principles from the world of design.
Here are the topics we'll be covering:
- Design Thinking
- The Power of Connecting Illustration and Design
- The Origins of the Modern Illustrator
- Gathering Great References
- Making Strong Compositions
- Using Symbolism to Create Stronger Visuals
All you'll need for this class is a pencil and paper but I'm working in Clip Studio Paint for visual clarity.