Learn how to paint with acrylics– with a modern twist! We’ll explore ten separate styles, so you’ll finish the class with a stack of brand new paintings. Taught by illustrator Cat Coquillette, a full-time artist and digital nomad.
Why acrylic paint? In addition to being incredibly easy to use, acrylics yield some of the most vibrant and versatile results.
This is the perfect medium for creating modern paintings with graphic color blocking, ombré gradients, thick texture, and delicate line-work.
We’ll create 10 individual paintings:
- 3 styles of backgrounds:
- ombré gradient
- textured abstract
- Modern donuts with realistic icing
- Tropical leaf color-blocking
- 3 styles of geometric patterns:
- intricate linework
- metallic whitespace Miniature galaxy
- Miniature galaxy
This class is welcome for everyone! Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced artist, you’ll discover the joy of acrylic painting and learn how to infuse modern techniques into this easy-to-use medium.
After taking this class, you’ll have everything you need to pick up a paintbrush and create your own masterpieces.
- Here are the art supplies I recommend
- Download a free trial of Adobe Photoshop
- Get $15 off your first purchase on Society6
- Follow me on Instagram
- Check out my website
- Subscribe to my newsletter
Ready for the next step? Learn how to scan in your acrylic paintings so you can edit digitally and sell them as art prints online!