Have you thought about starting a blog, but aren't sure how to go about it? If so, you're not alone! Even professional bloggers, including me, were once in that exact same position.
The good news is, learning the basics is easy, and once you get started, you'll be an old pro in no time!
Hi, I'm Rebecca Livermore, the author of The Blogger's Quick Guide to Starting Your First WordPress Blog. I wrote the book because a lot of people feel overwhelmed with the idea of starting a blog, and much of the information out there is overwhelmingly technical.
As it turned out, this book ended up being one of my bestselling books, and I'm pleased to now present much of the information in the book here on Skillshare.
In this class you'll learn:
- Why I believe WordPress is the best blogging platform
- The difference between hosted and self-hosted blog, and how to determine which option is best for you
- A clear explanation of the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, and again, my recommendation on how to choose which one is best for you
- How to purchase and set up web hosting
- How to set up categories for your blog
- How to write your first blog post
- How to set up pages and add them to your site navigation
- The difference between widgets and plugins and how to use them
- and so much more!
If you've thought about starting a blog but weren't sure how, or if you've started a blog but don't really understand all the ins and outs, this class is for you!
Be sure to check out my other blogging classes:
- How to Write the Best Blog Post Titles
- Capture Your Writing Ideas
- Nurture Creativity
- Blog Post Idea Generation
- 5 Secrets to Developing the Blogging Habit
- How to Create Blog and Social Media Images in PowerPoint
- How to Discover the Why for Your Blog and Business
- Content Repurposing Made Easy