Want to design with the eye-popping glamour of the Great Gatsby era? Discover the secrets of historic typography with a modern twist—perfect for logos, posters and more!
Travel back to the roaring 20’s with designer and letterer Nick Misani! You’ll join Nick in the studio for an inviting, accessible course in Art Deco typography that combines the best of old and new to create a bold, unexpected style that’s truly timeless. Blending hand lettering with Adobe Illustrator, Nick reveals a unique approach perfect for letterers of all levels, one you’ll be able to return to again and again regardless of the project or time period.
Through step-by-step lessons and custom-designed worksheets, you’ll learn how to:
- Find historical inspiration in your own city (and hit the streets of New York with Nick!)
- Draw geometric letterforms that ooze luxury and drama
- Personalize your letters with vintage-inspired ornament
- Combine Illustrator and Photoshop to customize your designs
- Easily pull color palettes from photos or primary sources
Plus, you’ll master two distinct styles of Art Deco hand lettering in preparation for your final project: a postcard inspired by your city and ready to share.
Whether you’re drawing your first letterform, adding a new style to your repertoire or looking for a hands-on weekend project, Nick’s method will open the door to a whole new world of creation. Follow along and in 90 minutes you’ll unlock your imagination, expand your skillset and learn how to capture the drama of Art Deco in anything you design!