The world of animals is diverse--almost as diverse as people. Learn how to paint them in vibrant watercolor! FOUR animals are painted from start to finish in this class. Each animal has its very own vibe, presented with a unique color scheme and foliage correlating with each of the seasons--winter, spring, summer, and fall.
Reindeer :: Winter :: Holiday Holly
Llama :: Spring :: Tulips
Horse :: Summer :: Daisies
Squirrel :: Autumn :: Fall Wreath
What you'll learn from this class:
- A trick to painting freely over watercolor, even in layers.
- How to substitute natural colors for any of your choosing accurately.
- How to sketch a horse head easily.
- Techniques to depict various kinds of fur, hair, and fluffy tails.
- Discover the dry brush technique with gouache.
- Four different color schemes that are seasonal and on-trend.
- Watercolor techniques such as wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry.
- Where to find royalty-free reference photos.
- How to remove backgrounds and stamp out imperfections in Photoshop.
Amarilys Henderson is a watercolor illustrator who specializes in surface design. She enjoys bringing the dynamic vibrancy of watercolor to everyday products, from paper to porcelain. See more of her work on watercolordevo.com.