Welcome to my class on how to paint the peony in the botanical style! This class has been a couple months in the making, and I can't wait to share it with you! So grab your supplies, and let's paint together!
This class is one of my largest and longest because it's so full of detailed videos. Each one has content you don't want to miss!
Since this is a long class, I'd encourage you to take it one chunk at a time. Do all the sketching in one session. Paint one peony during a single session. And before you know it, you will have painted all of the peonies with ease and confidence.
- I'll teach you overall principles and techniques so that you can apply them to other subjects of your own.
- I'll demonstrate exactly how I sketch my peonies. Soon, you'll be able to sketch any peony that you desire!
- I'll take you step-by-step to paint three large peonies and three smaller buds. And we'll be using a variety of styles to accomplish this: wet-on-dry, wet-on-wet, glazing, negative painting, layering, and more.
- We'll use photo references for all but one of the peonies because I want you to have the creative freedom to paint how you want to paint!
- Make sure to download my list of supplies in the class downloads. In addition, if you want to use my line drawing sketches for the class, you can find them in the downloads, too.
Remember to follow me to stay up-to-date on upcoming classes and other news.
Feel free to follow me on social media, too!
Thanks, and I can't wait to see what you create!
Don't forget to make a project for this class so I can see all your wonderful works. If you're on Instagram, please tag me (@ThingsUnseenDesigns), and use #WatercolorWithTUD! I love to feature my students and their work!
(Background music from Bensound.com and YouTube audio library)