Want to learn how to paint unique and original illustrations? Learn how to transform everyday objects into inventive characters and bring them to life with watercolours!
Artists, illustrators and designers are valued for being able to project a personal or different view of the world. In this class, we will practice drawing inspiration from small things and looking at our surroundings with an imaginative eye.
I will show you the process of transforming daily objects into whimsical characters, greatly inspired by Japanese art. Using our imagination and creative eye but also surprising colours, textures and watercolour tricks we will create an unusual visual story. We’ll learn how to:
- Observe what's around you and create initial sketches
- Draw & paint with precision using a Lightbox
- Transform objects into creative creatures
- Make unique and surprising colour choices
- Use watercolour techniques to achieve a unique look
Whether illustration beginner or seasoned artist, this class should be a fun exercise for the imagination, facilitate creative thinking and give the impulse to explore the watercolour medium in a personal way.