In the Capstone Project you will document a Java-based Android application with UML diagrams and analyze evaluate the application’s architecture using the Architecture Tradeoff Analysis Method (ATAM).
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Compare and contrast the components, connections, protocols, topologies, constraints, tradeoffs, and variations of different types of architectural styles used in the design of applications and systems (e.g., main program and subroutine, object-oriented, interpreters, pipes and filters, database centric, event-based).
• Describe the properties of layered and n-tier architectures.
• Create UML ipackage, component, and deployment diagrams to express the architectural structure of a system.
• Explain the behaviour of a system using UML activity diagrams.
• Document a multi-application system with a layered architecture.