Through this course, participants will:
• Gain appreciation of the concepts of sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) and be able to situate these concepts within the broader debates about the role of business in society
• Understand the sustainability and CSR approaches by leading Scandinavian companies
• Describe how partnerships between companies, NGOs, and government are fundamental to the sustainability and CSR by Scandinavian companies
• Be able to describe the characterization of the “Scandinavian management” and the role Scandinavian management plays in sustainability and CSR approaches by Scandinavian firms
• Become familiarized with concept of “Scandinavian Cooperative Advantage” and understand how it challenges the dominant view of strategic management.