• This course is about Percussion in Indian Classical Music.
• This course focuses mainly on the prime instrument Tabla.
• The course covers various aspects of Tabla, beginning with Basic Information,
some Technical Definitions.
• It further focuses on its practical application.
• Various Guru have taught and demonstrated diverse compositions ranging
from basic ones to the advanced ones for students’ better understanding.
• Students would benefit not only from the video modules, but also through
reading material provided with each module.
• The course is of 11 weeks covering 43 modules with 4 credits.
Week 1 : Basic Information about Indian Classical Music and Tabla
Week 2 : Technical Definitions and Explanation
Week 3 : Notation System for Tabla
Week 4 : Chakradhar
Week 5 : Tala Teentala
Week 6 : Tala Ektala
Week 7 : Tala Jhaptala
Week 8 : Tala Rupak
Week 9 : Tala Dadra and Kaharwa
Week 10 : Tala Ada Choutala and Deepchandi
Week 11 : Other Tala